Tonight we attended the harvest festival at Jake's school. It's basically an after school event just prior to Halloween for the kids to show off their costumes, since I guess it's not OK to dress in costumes during regular school hours - whatever... The boys didn't want to go in their costumes, Jake thought it wasn't worth while to go as Darth Vader when he couldn't wear his mask and Jonah pretty much does whatever his brother does. Kira, on the other hand, went as a charming little lady bug. It wasn't a good night for her though, I think she gets overstimulated or something in a large crowd.
I also participated in the bake sale - since Jake made me feel guilty about not helping out with the PTA more like the moms of his friends a while ago. I baked and baked, OMG - I made 4 dozen brownies and individually wrapped them, 4-5 dozens of sugar cookies and wrapped them in groups of 3's, and finally nearly 100 chocolate chip cookies (that I'm thankful I didn't wrap). I was going to bake more, but I got lazy, and thank goodness I didn't continue. The bake sale table was full of goodies that they had to give them away at the end of the event.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Harvest Festival at MLE
My little lady bug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Jake playing a game while Jonah anxiously awaits.

0 comments:
Post a Comment