Look how big we've grown:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

This week I started feeding Kira real food, as oppose to pureed baby food, and she LOVES it! Her first meal was steak, Filet Mignon, believe it or not! I was afraid that she would have trouble eating it since she doesn't like the chunkiness of the stage 3 baby food, but boy was I wrong. She gobbled down quite a few bites on top of some french bread. She also had some tofu while we went out to eat with my grandparents the other night(because of Chinese New Year), and she absolutely loved those as well.

But for a few days in a row now, I've only given her roast chicken for dinner and she doesn't seem to mind. All I know is that now that she's tasted real food, she refuses to eat most baby food. The only baby food she'll eat is the pureed vegetable, so I just pair it up with the chicken. Her favorites are squash, sweet potato, and carrots. Today we had Ivar's for lunch, so she had some cod and some corn bread. She's a great eater, not too picky - hopefully she'll stay this way.

Jake made a basket and scored some points during his basketball game this weekend. I'm so proud! He doesn't have the ideal playing condition given who he's playing with, but hopefully this will build his confidence and he'll be more comfortable on the court.
We had a long day out today so Kira was really tired when we got home. Mike tried to hold her while I drank my cup of coffee, but little Kira wasn't having that. Plus she wanted the Wii controller. She started crying out for "mama" - the above picture was taken after I took her from Mike...isn't she sweet? She loves giving hugs and kisses.

0 comments: