I was lucky enough to leave work early today, thinking I had time to go to the grocery store and run some errands and pick up Kira earlier than usual to spend more time with the little princess....little did I know that I would end up spending most of my evening in the ER at Children's with none other than Jonah.
At 4pm, Mike called me and told me that KinderCare called him and informed him that Jonah got a cut on his eyebrow and may need it to be glued...great news at 4pm on a friday at that. How did he get a cut you ask? Well, apparently Jonah was playing on top of the slide when another kid accidentally bump into him causing him to bonk his head on the slide and subsequently slide down head first into the ground. Great, I know. So I called Jonah's pediatrician's office, who said that since the cut was so close to his eye they'd feel more comfortable sending us to Children's and in case he needs to have stitches he'd need sedation. So I picked him up and drove straight to Children's with Kira. I knew he was OK because when I picked him up, he was outside on the playground playing, however the cut kept oozing so medical attention was definitely needed.
We got to the ER at 4:45, about 1 hour after the incident. We waited for more than 1 hour to get into the ER. Then stayed another 2.5hours for them to irrigate and glue the area. The thing that I felt worst about the most was that they didn't want Jonah to eat at first, because they didn't know whether he'd need sedation or not, so he was starving until 7:30 when they figured out that Jonah didn't need stitches. Meanwhile, I had to keep Kira happy with Cheerios, apple juice, crayons, and whatever else I had to do. She did great thankfully.
We finally left Children's right after 8pm. I got him McDonald's because that's what he wanted and he was so brave at the hospital. Anyways, this was a picture I took while he was eating...it doens't show the cut very well but I think you get the idea. I'm glad that it wasn't worst than what it turned out to be.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Children's ER here we come again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment