Look how big we've grown:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Jordan!

Jordan, aka baby Jo (at least that's what Jonah calls her) turned 4 last week. She had her party at Logan Park today. The party went really well, the kids were kept busy with various activities and they had a great time at the park. The weather held up too, which was really nice. I was really afraid that it'd rain and ruin the cakes that I worked so hard on. I volunteered to make Jordan's birthday cake, I've always wanted to make a princess/barbie cake but never had the occasion to do so. Stephany was kind enough to entrust me with Jordan's cake and left it pretty much up to me. I originally was only making a princess cake, but then after I baked it, I realized that it probably won't be too tasty because it had to bake for a long time for the middle of the cake to set. So I made a castle cake to go along with the princess theme. I think it came out alright - not entirely happy with the castle cake. Overall, I am satisfied with how the cakes turned out, since I've never made either kind before. I think all the kids, especially all the little girls, really liked the cakes.



Kira playing on the playground. Jonah making his placemat. Jake "on top of the world".Cinderella is Jordan's favorite princess, so I tried to make a Cinderella cake, but it came out like this. I had a really hard time with the hair, I can't figure out Cinderella's hair-do. It would probably look more like Cinderella if I put fondant "gloves" on her arms, but I had a difficult enough time making her body look neat, so I decided against it.
Cinderella castle cake. Could've been way better with fondant.
Jordan excited for her cake, I hope...I think she was from her expression.Jordan waiting for the birthday song.
Jonah helped blow out the candle.
Jordan opening our presents...Jonah was so excited he told her what it was before she even opened it.
We got ther 2 beach barbies and a Barbie convertible cruiser. Steph said she'd kind of a tomboy, so we're trying to convert her to a girly girl :)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY JO!!!

0 comments: