Look how big we've grown:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

San Diego Day 5 - SeaWorld & Shamu Dinner

We visited SeaWorld on Thursday because we only had a half day on the first day we went there. We got to see all the shows we missed and got to touch a couple of interesting creatures. Also, I had made reservation to "Dine with Shamu" Thursday night, though the food wasn't great, we got to see the whales really up close.

We got some fish to feed the sea lions. One of the seagulls snatch a fish right out of Jonah's hand and scared him really bad.



The "Cirque de la Mer" show.


Boys on the sky tram.


Mike saw these duckies, so cute.

Waiting for the 3D Elmo show. I thought Kira would really enjoy it but that was so not the case. She had a hard time keeping her glasses on and she didn't like the fact that they spray water on you.

The shark tank.

Manatee exhibit. They were huge.


Mike took the boys to the polar area. Kira was napping so I stayed somewhere quiet to have some peace.


Beluga whale.

Mike took the boys on the "Journey to Atlantis" ride. This was the ride photo. I guess no one was at the booth when they exited the ride so we couldn't get an actual photo. This one turned out OK though. The boys were obviously scared, but my favorite expression is the guy sitting behind Mike.


Our pool-side table at Shamu dinner.


Orkid was our whale, he was a super duper whale that did lots of jumps and didn't mind showing off his stuff. I'm glad that he didn't splash us or get salt water in our food.



Boys goofing around on the sky tower ride.


We got to touch a few bat rays. They were softer than I thought they would be, but very rubbery.


Kira rocking out during the night time "Shamu Rocks" show. We sat in the upper deck, away from the soak zone.




Fireworks went off as we exited the park.


We bought whales as souvenirs for the kids. Kira got a whale with a baby attached to it while the boys got whale tail necklaces.

0 comments: